Thursday 22 May 2014

Saskatchewan Prairie Photography: Can't Get Enough of Those Abandoned Buildings!

I haven't made it more than 5 km out of Saskatoon to take photos because by the time I am 5 km out, I've used up all of my allotted time and I have to rush home to relieve my babysitter.  But that doesn't mean that Saskatchewan lets me down.  I spent over an hour at a site within sight of a Walmart, exploring an old homestead on the west side of town.   I can't help imagining the life of the homes before they were abandoned, and then, finally, why they were abandoned at all.  Some obviously have signs of fire or other disaster but others seem to have simply been left, leaving everything from stacks of piano music to entire photo albums behind.  Oh, the mystery stirs my soul!

I found many old animal bones in this barn.  There had been a fire, and several of the bones
 belonged to juvenile animals. 
This bus contained copious amounts of Soviet propaganda, as well as a box of maps from all across the US and Mexico, birthday cards, local and out-of-province newspapers, and so much more.  I'll add pics of these items soon.  



A bible in an old Mennonite Church.  Circa 1909.




No comments:

Post a Comment