Saturday 23 February 2013

My Etsy Book Spring Cleaning Sale

With book scouting season sneaking up quickly, I've put my entire Etsy shop, Exceedingly Well Read, on sale.  Everything is 25% off.  
I'm trying my darndest to reduce shipping costs after Canada Post's recent changes.  At first, I thought the changes were in my favor - tracking numbers for small packages to the States?  Yea!  But now all the costs have gone up.  We no longer can ship to the US using surface mail, which isn't a problem unless you're shipping something bigger than a peanut.  I took a package to the post office the other day, with my quoted shipping cost at $15.  Because of Canada Post's new measures, it cost me $25 to send via air mail.  

Now, it's not as if air mail is too much quicker than surface mail.  It's all so unpredictable.  And so frustrating.  I'm thinking about starting my own Pony Express.  I wouldn't even have to write the copy for the ad to hire men, as my requirements would be the same as they were when Buffalo Bill roamed the prairies.  


No comments:

Post a Comment