Saturday 8 September 2012

I am in love with an old wooden trunk

Why is it that I always plan out a garage sale route, even when I know the best ones are the ones you just come across?  I'm utterly delighted with this old wooden trunk I found in Saskatoon this past weekend.

It could have been the best garage sale ever.  The proprietor, a woman in her eighties, told me that she and he husband weren't necessarily downsizing but "you can't keep everything".  She had been a teacher; he a scientist.  I was at the sale for over 2 hours, as she showed me the best reading games and the books her children loved as kids. 

Then, when I had packed two boxes plus the trunk to take home (on my bike) she insisted on delivering my purchases to me later that evening.  I told her I could take the bus, or make several trips since that's what I'm used to doing anyway.  But she would have none of my nonsense and delivered my trunk and boxes at 8 pm that evening. 

Ain't it grand?






No comments:

Post a Comment